About Collaborative Divorce
The Story of the Orange
Orange County Divorce Mediation
Regain control. Remain amicable. Save money.
Divorce is tough on everyone… especially the children. But you don’t have to go to war. The sooner you start to regain control of your life, the better.
Mediation and Collaborative Divorce are client-centered alternatives to “divorce-as-usual”. Allow us to help you attain a more hopeful, peaceful future.
We specialize in mediation and Collaborative Divorce services for couples living in Orange County and surrounding areas. We offer a free, one-hour online consultation for you and your spouse to discuss your situation and options to help determine your best next steps. Meditation and Collaborative Divorce are non-adversarial, non-court, confidential, more peaceful and more cost effective processes.
We are pleased to provide initial and ongoing family law mediation and consultation services through video and phone conferences. Call us for a free consultation!
*‘Pay as you go’ retainer option available.
We specialize in Mediation and Collaborative Divorce in Orange County
• In Mediation, we serve as a neutral professional assisting both spouses in settling disputes in an effort to create a “win-win” situation for your family. The spouses control the presentation and decision making in the case.
• Collaboration combines the positive qualities of Litigation and Mediation in a non-court, non-adversarial process. As in Litigation each spouse is represented by their own attorney. As in Mediation the clients and attorneys commit to an open information gathering process and a commitment to settle without going to court.
Prior to a consultation, we encourage both parties review our webpage to learn about the collaborative and mediation processes. Click here to schedule a consultation.
A Peaceful Divorce IS really possible.
If you’re thinking you aren’t a good candidate for a peaceful divorce, you might be surprised to see the types of families we help.
Divorce generally is a highly emotional and difficult process. The process is often compounded by different personality types and communication styles. When your spouse’s (or your) worst qualities surface, an experienced mediator helps you successfully navigate the situation. Our experienced neutral facilitators are trained and skilled in dealing with the most difficult issues.
Face it… if it were easy, you wouldn’t need a professional to help. The right mediator can assist you in resolving the most difficult of situations at a fraction of a cost of an adversarial process.
- You have a high conflict relationship
- You have a large/complicated estate
- You and your spouse have a hard time agreeing or even being in the same room
- You or your spouse has their own business
- Your spouse is more financially savvy than you or you don’t understand your marital financial situation
- You want to keep your settlement confidential
- You have spousal and/or child support and visitation issues
- Your spouse has been unfaithful
- You or your spouse is uncertain or reluctant of the mediation process
- You are currently in divorce litigation but are unhappy
- Your spouse is more dominant than you
- You don’t completely trust your spouse
- You are divorced but are having support, visitation or financial issues
- You would like assistance with filing pre or post nuptial issues
We professionally assist you with all your family law needs, including completing all necessary legal paperwork. Experienced with mediating high conflict relationships, large/complex estates, addictions, special needs children/families, adoptions and blended family clients.
Marital conflict can be overwhelming. The sooner you start to regain control of your life, the better. There is much to think about and the decisions you make will help you imagine a more hopeful future afterwards.
Between what I think, What I want to say, What I believe I am saying, What I say, What you want to hear, What you hear, What you believe you understand, What you want to understand. There are at least nine possibilities for misunderstanding. -Francois Garagnon
If you’re looking for a client-centered alternative to ‘divorce as usual’ – you’ve come to the right place!
Attorney Bart Carey offers a free one hour, no obligation consultation in which he meets with both spouses to review your situation and provide options to assist your family in achieving your desired outcome and/or final resolution. We generally recommend that both parties attend the initial consultation.
This helps to ensure that you both receive the information provided at the same time. Although we recommend that you both attend the initial consultation, we are more than happy to schedule an appointment for you to meet with us if you feel your spouse would not be open/available.