Bart J. Carey, Esq., Attorney/Mediator
My name is Bart Carey and I have been in the practice family law for more than 30 years. For more than 20 years, my focus has been being a “Peacemaker”. (That’s how we decided on the website name.) This is my work and my ministry.
Peacemakers are warriors. In the most complex/high conflict situations, a Peacemaker works diligently to restore civility, reason and common sense – and that’s just a start. My core business is to help families in conflict de-escalate the conflict and access the appropriate tools to restore peace DURING the divorce process. By listening to their real needs and crisis: emotional, financial, even spiritual, the Peacemaker guides the family to uncover the best solutions based on the client’s goals, needs and values. Solutions that are durable and emphasize accountability.
- As a professional, I have diligently and extensively studied and trained in the legal processes of litigation, mediation and collaboration.
- As a professional, I have undertaken the mission to educate the public, teach law students and train other professionals to become Peacemakers.
- As a professional, I have handled marital estates ranging from very modest up to $100m+.
- As a professional, I have worked with families broken by infidelities, abuse, the loss of a child, addictions, and much, much more.
- As a human being, I recognize that the vast majority of people know what they want, want to be reasonable and fair and want to find peace in their divorce and as they move on in life.
- AS A PEACEMAKER, I CAN HELP YOU.
Divorce is not the end of the family…there are children, grandchildren, graduations, weddings and funerals… As a Peacemaker, my mission is to help you and your family journey through this crisis with a better future and hope for a family that does not remain in conflict and continue to cause pain to your children and grandchildren.
Bart graduated from Western State University College of Law and was admitted to the California Bar in 1988. Bart has actively practiced peacemaking and Collaborative Law since February 2004 and Mediation since 1998.
Michelle Carey, Office Manager/Paralegal
In 2007 my career path took a unexpected turn from banking to law. Who would have thought I would end up in my husband’s line of business…divorces. Family law was not something that I ever dreamed of. But working in a practice with the goal of “A More Peaceful Divorce” changed my mind.
If life has brought you to the place of divorce, this is the only way to go. It’s a noncourt, non-adversarial, family-focused process. It’s divorce with the post-divorce family in mind.
When I started in 2007, I put my business and marketing skills to use for the business. In 2009 I received my paralegal certificate from UCI. I love working with my husband and best friend, I love being part of this emerging practice of family law and I love how my new career gives me the flexibility I need to concentrate on the most important things in life.
We`re glad you found us and hope we can help you during this difficult chapter of your life.