My name is Bart Carey and I have been in the practice family law for more than 30 years. For more than 20 years, my focus has been being a “Peacemaker”. (That’s how we decided on the website name.) This is my work and my ministry.
- As a professional, I have diligently and extensively studied and trained in the legal processes of litigation, mediation and collaboration.
- As a professional, I have undertaken the mission to educate the public, teach law students and train other professionals to become Peacemakers.
- As a professional, I have handled marital estates ranging from very modest up to $100m+.
- As a professional, I have worked with families broken by infidelities, abuse, the loss of a child, addictions, and much, much more.
- As a human being, I recognize that the vast majority of people know what they want, want to be reasonable and fair and want to find peace in their divorce and as they move on in life.
- AS A PEACEMAKER, I CAN HELP YOU.
Divorce is not the end of the family…there are children, grandchildren, graduations, weddings, and funerals… As a Peacemaker, my mission is to help you and your family journey through this crisis with a better future and hope for a family that does not remain in conflict and continue to cause pain to your children and grandchildren.
I believe in you. I believe you know the best solution for yourself and your family. I believe you can build the best future if only you had the information, support, and resources you need. I want to partner with you to bring the information and support you need to plan your own solutions and your own future! The end product is 100% yours.
Bart graduated from Western State University College of Law and was admitted to the California Bar in 1988. Bart has actively practiced peacemaking and Collaborative Divorce since February 2004 and Mediation since 1998. His journey into peacemaking began when he saw how much the current litigation system does to harm families.